Diabetes Education: Group classes
- November 27 2017
- December 21 2017
Location: Great River Wellness Center
The Great River Diabetes Education Program offers four-week group diabetes classes for people who are newly diagnosed, making a change in treatment, or having complications or concerns. A physician referral for diabetes education is required.
Class topics include:
- Types of diabetes
- Carbohydrate counting
- Controlling blood pressure, cholesterol and weight
- Coping with chronic disease
- Developing healthy habits
- Managing blood sugars
- Monitoring and understanding blood-sugar readings
- Proper eating for diabetes
- Reducing risks for diabetes-related health problems
Certified diabetes educators – a registered nurse and a registered dietitian – will assess needs for specific information and skills, teach self-care and provide continuing help. The fee for the class series is covered by most insurance companies. A family member or friend is encouraged to attend at no additional cost.
For more information or to register, please call 319-768-4165.