Great River Healthy Living Clinic
Great River Healthy Living Clinic is a physician-supervised clinic that helps people lose weight and regain control of their lives. Effective weight management through long-term changes in lifestyle behaviors can help improve diabetes, heart disease and other obesity-related conditions.
Our signature program
What is metabolic syndrome?
Signs of metabolic syndrome include:
- Blood pressure greater than 130/85
- HDL cholesterol: men lower than 40 mg/dL; women lower than 50 mg/dL
- High blood sugar of 110 mg/dL or greater after fasting
- High triglycerides greater than 150 mg/dL
- Waist circumference: men greater than 40 inches; women greater than 35 inches
Check with your primary-care provider to determine your risks for metabolic syndrome and get a referral to Operation Transformation.
Initial group appointment and three follow-up appointments at one, three and six months
Progressive exercise plan
- Nutrition guidance
- Bi-weekly educational sessions and cooking demonstrations
Weekly weigh ins
Pre- and post-program body composition and circumference measurements
Most insurance programs are accepted. Check with your provider to determine your level of coverage.