May 29th, 2003Great River Health Systems’ Community Endowment Foundation recently presented 21 area organizations with checks totaling $71,514.
The Community Endowment Foundation was established in 1999 to help foster the development of health-care services that may otherwise not be available to the community. The foundation was funded by a $1 million grant from the Great River Health Systems Foundation.
Great River Health Systems received funding requests for 51 projects. The Community Endowment Foundation Board of Directors reviewed all applications and selected this year’s recipients based on community need and relevance to the foundation’s health-care and health-improvement mission.
Organizations receiving funding support from the Community Endowment Foundation are:
- Alzheimer’s Association, Greater Iowa Chapter
- Burlington High School Chapter of Students Against Destructive Decisions
- Boy Scouts of America
- Burlington Area Homeless Shelter
- Caring CommUNITY Inc.
- Danville Fire and Rescue
- Girl Scouts of Shining Trail Council Inc.
- LaHarpe Ambulance Service
- Mediapolis Public Library
- New London Rescue Squad
- Prevent Child Abuse-Louisa County Council
- Southeastern Community College Continuing Education Division
- Southeastern Community College Emergency Medical Services Program
- Southeast Iowa Area Breastfeeding Coalition
- Southeast Iowa Community Action Organization
- Touchstone Behavioral Counseling Inc.
- Wapello Volunteer Fire and Rescue
- Wever Fire and Rescue
- Yarmouth Fire/Emergency Medical Services Department
- Young House Family Services
- YWCA Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Program