March 31st, 2005Great River Health Systems is the recipient of the Iowa Psychological Association’s (IPA) 2005 Psychologically Healthy Workplace Award. The award will be presented Saturday, April 9, at the IPA Spring Conference in Ames, Iowa.
Great River Health Systems was recognized by the IPA for having implemented programs that:
• Demonstrate employee appreciation and recognition
• Facilitate communication between staff and management
• Show concern for employee well-being through health insurance coverage and employee memberships to wellness centers
• Support community involvement and volunteerism
Following an invitation to apply for this award, Great River Health Systems submitted a written description of its employee-friendly programs and policies including data supporting the beneficial outcomes of initiatives and descriptions of plans to expand programs. Representatives from the IPA and the Iowa Psychological Foundation then toured the health systems’ facilities and recommended the organization for the award.
Studies have long demonstrated that benefits, recognition, working conditions, employee assistance programs, educational opportunities and a sense of ownership in the company all contribute to the psychological well-being of employees. The Psychologically Healthy Workplace Award is intended to recognize businesses that foster work environments for employees based on:
• Employee growth and development
• Employee involvement
• Family support
• Health and safety