July 14th, 2005Jim Towlerton, a substance-abuse counselor with Great River Addiction Services, recently received his certification as a substance-abuse professional (SAP). He is one of only 10 professionals in the state and the only person in southeast Iowa to hold this certification.
As a certified substance-abuse professional, Towlerton can provide substance-abuse evaluations to employers working under federally-mandated drug and alcohol testing regulations of employees in the transportation industry. This includes businesses governed by the following federal agencies:
• Federal Aviation Administration
• Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
• Federal Railroad Administration
• Federal Transit Administration
• Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Administration
• United States Coast Guard
The cost of an employee substance-abuse professional evaluation is $350. The evaluations are conducted at Great River Addiction Services, which is located in the Behavioral Health Center at Great River Medical Center. For more information, please call (319) 768-3725.