April 1st, 2008Great River Medical Center health, fitness and rehabilitation professionals will present a free symposium on throwing techniques for baseball and softball players of all ages, and their coaches and parents. The seminar is scheduled from 8:30 to 11:45 a.m. Saturday, April 19, at Great River Center for Rehabilitation, 1401 W. Agency Rd., West Burlington, Iowa.
• 8:30 to 9:15 a.m. – Little League Elbow Concerns, Patrick Williams, M.D., pediatrician, Great River Medical Center
• 9:15 to 10 a.m. – Proper Throwing Mechanics, Craig Murphy, D.P.T., ATC, physical therapist and athletic trainer, Great River Center for Rehabilitation
• 10 to 10:15 a.m. – Break/Displays (Great River Athletic Training, Great River Center for Rehabilitation and Great River High Performance Program)
• 10:15 to 11 a.m. – Preventing Throwing Injuries, Robb Gardner, M.H.A., M.P.T., ATC, director of Rehabilitation Services, physical therapist and athletic trainer, Great River Medical Center
• 11 to 11:45 a.m. – Performance Training for Baseball and Softball, Chris Reed, M.S., ATC, CSCS, coordinator, Great River High Performance Program
Each attendee will have the opportunity to win one of two free videotaped throwing evaluations from the High Performance Program.
A light breakfast will be provided. Registration is required. To register or for more information, please call (319) 768-4070.