March 17th, 2008Jim Milani, D.O., has joined Great River Business Health as the clinic’s Medical Director. Great River Business Health works with area employers to provide prompt, comprehensive and cost-effective medical care to their employees. Dr. Milani began working fulltime at Great River Business Health on Monday, March 3.
Dr. Milani brings nearly 14 years of experience as a family practice physician to Great River Business Health. He received his medical degree from the University of Osteopathic Medicine and Health Science in Des Moines, and completed his residency at Iowa Lutheran Hospital. Dr. Milani is certified in family practice medicine by the American Board of Family Practice and in wound care by the American Academy of Wound Management. He is also a certified medical review officer and has completed hyperbaric oxygen therapy training. Dr. Milani had been with Burlington Area Family Practice Center since 1994 before joining Great River Business Health.
Great River Business Health’s medical staff also includes Rick Garrels, M.D., a board-certified occupational medicine physician who has provided services through Great River Business Health since 2004.
Great River Business Health’s full range of services includes:
• Department of Transportation physicals
• Drug and alcohol screenings
• Independent medical examinations
• Isernhagen Work Systems® evaluations
• Occupational Safety and Health Administration-required programs
• Physical therapy/Occupational therapy
• Unique business health portfolios
• Vaccinations/Titers (onsite or at clinic)
• Wellness and preventive care programs
• Workers’ compensation injury care and management
• Work-related physical examinations
Great River Business Health is at Great River Center for Rehabilitation, 1401 W. Agency Rd., West Burlington. Regular office hours are 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, or by appointment. For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call (319) 768-4100.