February 11th, 2008Create a healthier lifestyle through WellCHOICES, a new 12-week program offered by Great River Medical Center. The first session is scheduled from noon to 12:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 19, at the Center for Rehabilitation, 1401 W. Agency Rd., West Burlington.
The goals of WellCHOICES are to help participants manage blood pressure, cholesterol and weight, reduce stress and handle day-to-day life concerns better. Topics include:
• Emotional eating
• Healthy fats
• Metabolic syndrome (pre-diabetes)
• Mind-body connection
• Stress reduction
The fee for WellCHOICES is $95. Participants who are not members of the Center for Rehabilitation’s Health-Fitness program may register for the class and a three-month all-inclusive membership for $220. Membership includes:
• A fitness assessment and individualized exercise program
• Bone-strengthening, cardiovascular and muscle-strengthening exercise machines, and free-weight equipment
• Eleven group fitness classes, including aerobics, Pilates, tai chi and yoga
• Four aquatics classes and open swims in warm- and cool-water pools. There also is a whirlpool and swim jet for resistance swimming.
• Discounts on cholesterol testing, massage and special programs
For more information or to register, please call the Center for Rehabilitation at (319) 768-4100.