May 28th, 2009
Great River Friends recently disbursed $26,600. Ten area students who are pursuing careers in health care received $1,000 scholarships. The remainder was given to Great River Health Systems for projects to enhance patient services.
The winners of scholarships for graduating high school students who will begin studying for careers in health care are:
- Julianna Gillam, Biggsville, Ill.
- Logan Hogberg, Danville, Iowa
- Hannah Holtkamp, New London, Iowa
- Kaylyn Lanz, Wapello, Iowa
- Allison Luckenbill, West Burlington
- Kaitlin Schrock, Mediapolis, Iowa
- Erin Taylor, Burlington
The winners of scholarships for students who are changing careers and entering the health-care field are:
- Lori Allen, Fairfield, Iowa
- Jacki Holtkamp, New London, Iowa
- Tamara Wirt, Burlington
The $16,600 donated to the hospital will be used for:
- Center for Rehab and Clinics - Benches for men's locker room
- Health system - CarePagesTM annual fee and educational materials
- Volunteer Services - Six wheelchairs for Information Desk
- Women and Family Center, Activity books, DVDs and toys
Great River Friends is a community of donors and volunteers that supports Great River Health Systems with their gifts of time, talent and treasure. For more information or to join, please call the hospital's Volunteer Services Department at (319) 768-3340.