October 18th, 2010
Staff from Great River Health Systems will provide a free clinic for all sports and coaching levels from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m., Saturday. Nov. 13, in the Blackhawk Room at Great River Center for Rehab and Clinics, 1401 W. Agency Rd., West Burlington, Iowa.
Clinic speakers and topics are:
- ACL Injury Prevention, Atiba Jackson, M.D., orthopedic surgeon, Great River Orthopedic Specialists
- Ankle Injury Prevention, Great River Athletic Training staff
- Hands-on Plyometric Exercises, Brad Abbott and Alec Cornick, personal trainers, Great River Athletic Training
- Plyometric Training and Guidelines, Chris Reed, coordinator, Great River High Performance Program
- Pre- and Post-game Nutrition, Bryan Moritz, dietician, Nutrition Services Department, Great River Medical Center
This clinic counts as one renewal activity for the Iowa Coaching Authorization. To register or for more information, call Great River Corporate Education at (319) 768-4070.