May 22nd, 2012
Great River Friends has awarded scholarships to 10 area students who are pursing health-care careers. The $1,000 awards were given in three categories.
Scholarships for high school seniors were given to:
- Allison Kennelly, Wayland, Iowa, WACO High School, nursing
- Megan Schaller, Ferris, Ill., Illini West High School, pharmacy
- Jessica Vorwaldt, Fort Madison, Fort Madison High School, pharmacy
- Kenzy Wagenbach, Burlington, Mediapolis High School, nursing
Continuing-college scholarship winners were:
- Tia Cloke, Burlington, University of Iowa, nursing
- Allison Luckenbill, West Burlington, Creighton University, pharmacy
- Meghan Madden, Morning Sun, Iowa, Southeastern Community College, nursing
- Dylan Pieper, Dallas City, Ill., St. Ambrose University, physical therapy
The recipients of a new Southeastern Community College scholarship were:
- Ryan Aamodt, Mediapolis, Iowa
- Nicole Morris, Mount Pleasant, Iowa
Great River Friends is a community of donors and volunteers that supports Great River Health Systems with the gifts of time, talent and treasure. For more information, please call Great River Medical Center Volunteer Services at 319-768-3340.