February 7th, 2012
Great River Health Systems will offer a Cardiovascular Fair Saturday morning, Feb. 25, on the lower level of the Center for Rehab and Clinics, 1401 W. Agency Rd., West Burlington. It will include lipid profile, glucose and other screenings, presentations by physicians and educational displays.
Two physicians will speak in the Blackhawk Room:
- 9 to 10 a.m. – Richard To, M.D., Great River Cardiology, cardiovascular disease and treatment
- 10 to 11 a.m. – Michael AbouAssaly, M.D., Burlington Area Family Practice Center, healthy living and weight management
These Great River Health Systems services will have educational displays from 8 to 10 a.m.:
- Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation
- Diabetes Education
- Great River Cardiology
- Health Fitness
- Healthy Living Clinic
- Heart and Vascular Center
- Heritage Medical Equipment and Supplies
- High Performance
- Nutrition Services
- Primary Stroke Center
- Sleep Disorders Center
- Wound and Hyperbaric Clinic
Lipid profile and glucose screenings will be offered from 8 to 10 a.m. The lipid profile measures total cholesterol, HDL cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, LDL/HDL ratio and triglycerides. The glucose screening measures blood sugar. Fasting for eight to 12 hours is required for accurate test results. Participants may drink water or black coffee and take medicines as scheduled. Results will be mailed in two weeks. Screening cost is $25. A light breakfast will be available after the screening.
Free blood pressure and diabetic foot screenings, and body-fat analysis will be available.
To register for the fair, please call Great River Health System’s Corporate Education Department at (319) 768-4070.