August 7th, 2012
Great River Health Systems will begin construction Monday, Aug. 13, of a 40,000-square-foot expansion of the Center for Rehab and Clinics on the health systems’ main campus in West Burlington, Iowa. The project is scheduled be completed by September 2013.
Because of this expansion project, the parking lot to the west of the Center for Rehab and Clinics’ main entrance (facing the helipad) will be closed. The center’s main entrance also will be closed. Patients, visitors and health-fitness members are asked to park in the lot to the north of the Center for Rehab and Clinics and use Great River Cancer Center’s entrance.
The Center for Rehab and Clinics opened in 1994 primarily as an outpatient therapy facility with limited space for physician offices. Over the years, the center opened a membership fitness gym for employees and the public, added two therapy and exercise pools, and expanded space for cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation.
As part of the new project, Great River Orthopedic Specialists will move from the first floor of Mercy Plaza to the expanded area. The new rehabilitation and fitness area will feature an elevated walking track, a climbing wall and an expanded exercise area. Most services at the Center for Rehab and Clinics will remain in the expanded facility. These services include:
- Athletic Training
- Business Health
- Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation
- Diabetes Education Program
- Health Fitness
- High Performance Program
- Neurological Rehabilitation
- Outpatient Occupational Therapy (including driving evaluation and training, and hand therapy)
- Outpatient Physical Therapy (including aquatic therapy and exercise, incontinence rehabilitation, lymphedema services, and balance and vestibular rehabilitation)
- Outpatient Speech-Language Services
- Pain Clinic
- Pediatric Rehabilitation
- Wound and Hyperbaric Clinic