September 24th, 2013
Great River Health Systems has been recognized as one of the best places to work in Iowa, according to a recent Des Moines Register survey. Great River Health Systems ranked fourth in the large company category and placed highest in the health care category. The 2013 Top Workplaces survey included more than 160 companies with more than 35,500 employees responding.
The Des Moines Register has recognized 100 companies and organizations in Iowa as top workplaces based solely on surveys about the workplace completed by their employees.
“We are proud to be included in the list for Top Workplaces in Iowa,” said Mark Richardson, president and CEO. “Our people really go beyond the technical aspects of providing health care. That is what health care is all about.”
The system won a special award for training excellence based on standout scores for employee responses to specific survey statements. Employees rate these statements on a seven-point scale from strongly disagree to strongly agree. The criteria for the training award was: “I get the formal training I want for my career.”
“Our motto is to educate, motivate and entertain,” said Sue Ferguson, director, Corporate Education. “We’re honored that the employees have recognized that effort.”
The anonymous survey focused on six aspects of the workplace environment including:
- Career - training opportunities and progression
- Conditions - an assessment of the working atmosphere and environment
- Direction - an assessment of the company’s values, leaders and strategy
- Execution - assessment of how the company communicates and gets work done
- Management - quality and managerial skills
- Pay and benefits - an assessment of associate compensation.
Those interested in a career with Great River Health Systems can visit www.GreatRiverMedical.org.