October 7th, 2013
Great River Health Systems and Two Rivers Insurance Services are teaming to present a health care summit about the new provider-payer partnership. The half-day summit is scheduled from noon to 5 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 23, at the Pzazz! Convention and Event Center, 3001 Winegard Dr., Burlington, Iowa.
The summit is geared for small- and medium-sized businesses. Key decision makers at these businesses who would find the summit beneficial include:
- Business owners
- Company presidents and CEOs
- Employee benefits and health coordinators
The summit’s keynote, Are You Ready for 2014?, will be presented by Mark Lehman, chief financial officer, Two Rivers Insurance Services. Lehman is a certified public accountant with 24 years of experience interpreting and implementing tax legislation. He attends annual legislative roundtables with regulators in Washington, D.C. Lehman also has conducted more than 40 health care reform seminars for attorneys, employers, benefit brokers and human resources professionals. He is an in-house health care reform expert for a third-party administrator that administers benefit plans to more than 700 employer groups.
Other speakers and their topics are:
- The Power of Primary Care – Michael AbouAssaly, M.D., family practice physician, Burlington Area Family Practice Center
- Physician Statistics and Recruiting – K.C. Fleming, physician recruiter, Great River Health Systems
- An Overview of Services Available at Great River Wellness Plaza – Jeff Taeger, director, Great River Rehabilitation Services
The forum will close with a question-and-answer roundtable with the speakers and administrative representatives from Great River Health Systems.
The summit’s cost, which includes a healthful lunch from the Edgewater Grille, is $25 per person by Monday, Oct. 21, and $50 after. Same-day registration is accepted. Those interested in registering may contact Melissa Jones, Great River Business Development, at 319-768-3489 or email@example.com.