June 11th, 2014
Great River Friends’ Circle of Friends Annual Giving Campaign is underway. The money raised will support programs and projects at Great River Health Systems and provide scholarships for students pursuing careers in health care.
“Investing in health care helps patients, their families, caregivers and the community,” said Michele Dyer, campaign chair. “By joining one of Great River Friend’s giving circles, donors will help build a healthier future for the region.”
All gifts are tax deductible to the full extent provided by law.
Donations are being accepted in Great River Gift Shop in Great River Medical Center’s lobby and online at www.GreatRiverMedical.org/Volunteer/. To receive a form in the mail, please call 319-768-3340.
Great River Friends donated $54,294.50 to Great River Health Systems at its annual meeting Wednesday, May 21. The money has been designated for:
- Automatic external defibrillator for Great River Wellness Plaza
- Books, games and DVDs for the Psychiatric Care Unit
- CD players and iTunes gift cards for Hospice
- Comfort pillows for patients who have abdominal surgery and mastectomies
- Computer software for Kid Zone child care center
- Entertainment for Great River Klein Center
- Halo Sleep Sacks for newborns in Women and Family Center
- Take-home ice packs for the Acute Care Center
- Lap quilts for patients who complete radiation treatment at Great River Cancer Center
- Wood flooring for a Great River Health Fitness exercise room
- Piano keyboard for Volunteer Services
- Pool lifts for Great River Health Fitness
- Teen bereavement materials for Hospice
- Wall TV system for volunteer training
- Wigs for Great River Cancer Center patients
Great River Friends also raised money through Great River Gift Shop, Cups & Cakes in the hospital lobby, book fairs, jewelry fairs and other special events. Its 450 volunteers gave 50,000 hours of their time in areas throughout the health system.
For more information about Great River Friends, please call Great River Medical Center Volunteer Services at 319-768-3340.