Who volunteers and why?
Who Volunteers and Why?
Great River Health Systems volunteers comprise people of many ages, experiences, races and religions. Volunteers must be at least 14.
Volunteers have many reasons for sharing their time with Great River Health Systems:
- Desire to give back to their community
- Exposure to health care careers
- Job experience
- Requirement for academic achievement and recognition programs
- Sharing knowledge and experience with others
- Social needs
- Staying active
Active volunteers receive:
- $4.50 meal coupon when volunteering at least four hours in one day
- 20-percent discount in Great River Gift Shop (year-round for Gift Shop volunteers; two-week holiday discount for other volunteers)
- Free Great River Health Systems holiday dinner
- Invitation to the annual Great River Friends recognition events
- One-year membership to Great River Health Fitness after completing 160 hours of service in a 12-month period
- Yearly flu vaccination